Forrester Wave named Box leader in the enterprise file sync and document sharing on the 10th March 2016. This report is an analysis of multiple cloud content providers, including Box.
The criteria that were used for the ranking of the cloud content providers are divided into three categories:
- Current offering: usability, security and support for basic content repository service
- Strategy: support customers to manage content in the cloud
- Market presence: current customer base, cloud revenue, geographic presence and vertical focus
Around 80% of the Enterprise companies will use a SaaS solution for its content services in 2018.
Companies are switching from on premise to cloud products nowadays. Enterprise architects search for ways to digitise their business processes and distribute their documents internally (but also with external partners). Secure document distribution is not only important for the company, but also for their customers, suppliers and partners.
The success of SaaS solutions for enterprise file sync and document sharing stands or falls on first instance by usability. The software has to be easy to use and has to be mobile available. Research shows that parties with high customer satisfaction explained by usability are often chosen again. Also a low rate of adoption is very important.
How does Box differentiate themselves from the rest?
- Strong focus on API’s which makes the platform attractive to developers and business architects
- Independent software vendors use Box as content repository service
- Box supports the management of collaborative business information
- Players like Nokavision deliver Box in combination with other products to their customers (good compatibility)